Roadway / Width of Formation:
- It is the sum of with pavement or carriageway including separator (if any) and the shoulder.
- Roadways width is the top of highway embankment or bottom width of highway cutting excluding the side drain.
- Width of Formation of various class of Road are as follows:
Right of Way / Road Land:
- It is the area of the land acquired for the road along its alignment keeping In view it’s future expansion also.
- Construction of a particular type of a building is only permitted with sufficient set back from the road boundary up to Central line.
- Width of land for different road in rural areas or as follows:
For Detailed Analysis of Highway Engineering Step By Step.